Title: Electrical Surveyor
Salary: £225 – £275/day (Outside IR35)
Location: West London (The role will be a mix of both working from home and going out doing your inspections which will be in London and surrounding areas.)
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Surveyor to join a West London housing association. My client is looking for someone who has experience in fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, dry risers and managing contractors.
This position will be a mix of both working from home and going out doing your inspections which will be in London and surrounding areas.)
This will be an interim contract for a minimum of 6 months. My client are offering a day rate (market rate) which will fall outside of IR35 so please get in contact to find out more.
* The electrical surveyor will report directly to the senior compliance manager and work in the compliance team which includes a compliance officer and a compliance administrator. This is a new role which will principally be responsible for providing and developing the full range of electrical surveying and contract administration services including the annual electrical programme , electrical planned maintenance, fire alarms and fire detection, improving the compliance relating to fire safety and implementing any new legislation, building recommendations and good practice.
* The post holder will primarily be responsible for the management and delivery of passive fire contract, fire alarms including fire detection, emergency lighting, managing electrical testing programmes EICR & PAT Manage Capital Investment programmes for electrical works and fire alarm replacement and improvement works, fire alarm/detection projects of any remedial actions to ensure that the organisation remains compliant in its electrical services and fire safety duties as a landlord. Complete Quality Assurance pre and post inspections including desktop review of all levels of certification. This role will be responsible for the interpretation, analysis and implantation of all electrical services, fire risk assessments relating to fire alarm installations, fire precautions works.
* They will complete pre and post inspections to support the senior compliance manager with the quality of products and service to all compliance and specialised service contracts delivering statutory and regulatory activity.
* To address defects within the properties in LACS portfolio the electrical surveyor will provide detailed reports, technical specifications and engineering solutions which represent value for money. They will then deliver projects from inception to completion ensuring compliance, value for money and that the quality of work is achieved to the highest standard.
* The electrical surveyor will ensure good financial management of allocated budgets and provide periodic reports on actual and forecast spend.
* Act as the lead on the delivery of the electrical services and fire alarm/detection safety works programmes and ensure that all works are
* completed within agreed timescales and KPI’s to the required standard and quality
* To provide comprehensive professional, design, detailing and contract administration on services on a diverse range of commissions for LA when needed, fully utilising in house IT support systems.
* Review all electrical and fire alarm/detection and lighting remedial actions and provide technical specifications and engineering solutions to ensure compliance which represent value for money.
* Provide up to date information on electrical and fire alarm/detection and lighting related KPI’s and provide commentary in weekly compliance meetings.
* Ensure completion of all electrical services and fire alarm/detection remedial actions from any notice received from LFB within agreed timescales.
* Carry out pre and post inspections for all areas of all electrical services and fire alarm/detection as required to ensure value for money, quality of work and resident satisfaction.
* To carry out pre-inspections to electrical services including fire alarms and emergency lighting systems to building services including full surveys to identify defects including preparation of detailed reports, specifications and cost estimates where necessary to ensure the appropriate remedial works are undertaken, to ensure effective and appropriate repair solutions ensuring all current applicable regulations are complied with.
* Provide technical advice on building defects relating to electrical service and fire alarms/detection and diagnosis to the organisation including the day-to-day responsive repairs service, as well as, from time to time, carrying out post inspections of repairs to help better manage our contractors.
* Ensure that all databases are continually updated to reflect servicing works carried out and all required certification is provided on completion of works.
* Attend various meetings, both internal and external, to represent LACS and conduct joint site meetings with LACS staff, contractors and external agencies such as LFB.
* Be part of an effective operational team, focused on achievement of service plans and departmental priorities, providing guidance in your area of professional specialism.
* Make visits to site to monitor contractor performance against key performance indicators and to validate servicing and remedial works being undertaken to ensure that they are to a high standard.
* Deputise for the senior compliance manager when required and lead contract management meetings.
* Assist in the procurement and tendering of new contracts and preparation of briefs and appointment of external consultants and contractors as required.
* Effectively manage contractors and consultants delivering repairs, servicing and projects ensuring they comply with contractual obligations and take remedial action where performance does not meet their contractual obligations.
* Ensure all projects and services are effectively managed including monitoring costs, progress, performance against KPI’s, ensuring regular progress meetings are in place. Keep management informed of progress, highlighting areas of concern.
Electrical Field Engineer on a contract basis to join well know industrial engineering company who have won a large water/utilities project...Apply For This Job
Venture are looking for an Electrical Working Foreman on a commercial project in Guilford. Works are going to be installing a fire...Apply For This Job
M&E Contractor Grant Walker Engineering requires an Electricial Improvers based in London. Grant Walker Engineering specialises in the complete installation of electrical and...Apply For This Job
Senior Electrical Project Engineer 12 months £350-400 a day Kent My client are a tier 1 M+E Subcontractor, with a turnover of...Apply For This Job
Electrical Site Supervisor Location: Kent Duration: 4/5 Months Basic rate: £23.00 per hour + 50 Hours per week The Role: Site...Apply For This Job