Lantra is a successful commercially focused charity, providing high quality training and qualification products for skills and workforce development in land-based industries. With a staff of over ninety people and a turnover of £7m, we up-skill more than 85,000 people each year and work with businesses and other stakeholders to create innovative skills solutions.
We are now seeking a Food Skills Co-ordinator to join the Food Skills Cymru Programme and help individuals develop skills they can use within the food and drink industries across North Wales. This is a fixed-term contract, lasting until September 2021.
If you are a project manager with a background or grounding in food and drink supply chain, this is an outstanding opportunity to make your mark and support an incredible programme to enhance skills across Wales.
This is a vital leading role, where you will bring businesses on board and help make a real difference to skills within food and drink manufacturing in Wales and support Wales in becoming a food destination and distributor of choice.
What’s more, with home working options available and a superb range of benefits to support the rewards, this is the right opportunity at the right time to help you advance your career.
As a Food Skills Co-ordinator, you will manage the delivery of training for the Food Skills Cymru Programme.
Working under contract from the Welsh Government, you will help to deliver the programme to target, time and budget requirements.
You will plan and manage the delivery of the programme through a training provider network and a list of agreed training courses.
Specifically, you will:
– Manage Food Skills Cymru steering group meetings
– Support the flow of information between the Food Skills Cymru Programme and the Welsh Government
– Work with food manufacturing companies on skills diagnostic activities
– Recruit businesses for the programme
– Develop an understanding of training courses required in the industry
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
– Project management experience
– A strong level of IT literacy including capabilities with MS Office software
– A degree or relevant experience in a food and drink supply chain role
Communicative and collaborative, as a Food Skills Co-ordinator, you will also need strong decision making and problem-solving skills, a customer focused approach and the ability to innovate and manage change.
If this sounds like you, we are keen to hear from you!