Join Avara Foods now and you can earn a minimum of £380.
We have a temporary 12 week fixed term contract available now for Hatchery Operative to join our hatchery based in Rayne, Essex.
What’s in it for you?
• Weekly Pay
• Guaranteed Hours
• Overtime available
• Employee benefits scheme including discount shopping vouchers and lifestyle benefits.
• Competitive Pension
• A safe dynamic working environment
• Safety equipment and training provided from day 1
• Realistic opportunities for training and development
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
Purpose of the role
As a Hatchery Operative, working as a part of the Hatchery Team, you’ll help assist the hatchery and play a key role in the daily duties which are fundamental to our entire business.
key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring chicks are sorted into the required grades and quantities, ready for farm delivery
• Assisting in the effective movement of eggs from storage to incubating machines and then to
• Cleaning all equipment after use to the required high standards
• Safeguarding bio security and following these strict procedures
• Observing bird welfare and health and safety on site at all times
What we are looking for:
• You will be motivated, flexible and have a good work ethic
• You can work well in a team environment and have excellent communication skills
Normal working hours for a Hatchery Operative are as follows:
Monday – 06:45 – 16:30
Tuesday – 06:45 – 16:30
Wednesday – 06:45 – 15:30
Thursday – 06:45 – 16:30
Friday – 06:45 – 16:30
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Due to Bird Welfare, it is essential that you do not own any Avian Pets or Poultry.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.